1. Report surplus lines insurance transactions to The Surplus Line Association of Arizona ("SLA-AZ") by or before the due date.
- Go to the SLA-AZ Home page (www.sla-az.org) and click the [File Online Now] button in the upper right corner of the page.
- In the upper right corner of the web page, log in with your username and password. If you do not already have an established username and password, click the [REGISTER] button and follow the steps to register with the SLA-AZ.
- Enter the required information for each transaction. You must report every transaction, including transactions that have a zero dollar amount (such as a change to the primary insured, change of policy number, etc.). A change to the insured's street address or phone number is not a surplus lines transaction and should not be reported.
- The SLA-AZ system will send a stamping fee invoice to the e-mail address you provided when you registered with the SLA-AZ. You must pay stamping fees directly to the SLA-AZ. DO NOT REMIT STAMPING FEES TO THE DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE."
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].