Agents/Brokers - Marketplace "Find Local Help"
To act as a Health Insurance Marketplace agent/broker, an individual must BOTH
- be registered as a Marketplace agent/broker; and,
- be licensed as an accident and health insurance producer by the Arizona Department of Insurance.
To find a Marketplace agent/broker:
- Go to https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/, enter your ZIP code, press the [ENTER] key on your computer keyboard and select the option that best describes information you are seeking.
- Look at the options presented on the left side of the web page as you scroll down. When you get to "show Agents and Brokers in my results," click the bar to change "No" to "Yes." This will cause the computer to display individuals who have completed the Health Insurance Marketplace registration process. Find a few individuals to research further.
- Go to our License Search page and make sure each individual holds an accident and health insurance producer license.
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].