ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
March 1, 2017 -
The Arizona Department of Insurance (“ADOI”) is committed to maintaining a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. In recognition of its legal and moral obligations, the Arizona Department of Insurance hereby commits itself to a policy of non-discrimination as follows:
- The Arizona Department of Insurance shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity applies to such employment practices as hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, job assignments, accessibility, working conditions and special duty details.
- All Arizona Department of Insurance management personnel shall actively support recruitment and career development programs to ensure equitable representation of minorities, females, seniors, LGBT and individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans in all job categories and pay grades.
- The Arizona Department of Insurance shall not tolerate discrimination in the agency as it creates an intimidating, degenerating, hostile and offensive working environment. Each employee has an affirmative duty to maintain a workplace free of harassment, intimidation, and discrimination. Arizona Department of Insurance prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment or participates in an investigation of such reports.
- The Department will post the Non-Discrimination Policy throughout departmental facilities, including its employee information bulletin board located on the Second Floor between the entrances to the restrooms, and the Department will post the Policy at the top of the ADOI News section on its Internet web site Home Page at https://insurance.az.gov.
- The ADOI will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all concerned are familiar with this policy and aware that any complaint that this policy has been violated will be investigated and appropriately resolved.
- All written bid announcements, request for proposals, employment announcements, requests for applications, program brochures, literature and general solicitations shall include the phrase:
“Arizona State Government is an EOE/ACA Reasonable Accommodation Employer”
The Department of Insurance is committed to ensuring that all its employees can work in an environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
As Interim Director of the Arizona Department of Insurance, I am committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. To ensure the dissemination and implementation of the 2017 Equal Opportunity Plan throughout all levels of the Department, Sarah Dobbins ([email protected], 602-771-7766) shall serve as the Department’s Equal Opportunity Administrator.
Any employee who has questions or concerns about this policy should talk with Assistant Director Scott Greenberg ([email protected], (602) 364-3764), or the Governor’s Office of Equal Opportunity (http://azgovernor.gov/eop/index.asp, (602) 542-3711).
-Leslie R. Hess, Interim Director