ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
February 19, 2019 -
The Arizona Department of Insurance ("ADOI") is committed to maintaining a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. In recognition of its legal and moral obligations, the ADOI hereby commits itself to a policy of non-discrimination as follows:
- ADOI shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity applies to such employment practices as hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, job assignments, accessibility, working conditions and special duty details.
- All ADOI management personnel shall actively support recruitment and career development programs to ensure equitable representation of minorities, females, seniors, LGBT individuals, and individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans in all job categories and pay grades.
- The ADOI shall not tolerate discrimination in the agency as it creates an intimidating, degenerating, hostile and offensive working environment. Each employee has an affirmative duty to maintain a workplace free of harassment, intimidation, and discrimination. ADOI prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment or participates in an investigation of such reports.
- The ADOI will post the Non-Discrimination Policy throughout departmental facilities, including its employee information bulletin boards located in the multi-agency breakroom located on the Second Floor, and the ADOI will post the Policy toward the top of the ADOI News section on its Internet website Home page at https://insurance.az.gov.
- The ADOI will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all concerned are familiar with this policy and aware that any complaint that this policy has been violated will be investigated and appropriately resolved.
- All written bid announcements, request for proposals, employment announcements, requests for applications, program brochures, literature and general solicitations shall include the phrase:
“Arizona State Government is an EOE/ACA Reasonable Accommodation Employer”
The ADOI is committed to ensuring that all its employees can work in an environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
As Director of the ADOI, I am committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. To ensure the dissemination and implementation of the 2019 Non-discrimination Policy throughout all levels of the Department, Rick Mead ([email protected], 602-364-2458) shall serve as the Department's Equal Opportunity Administrator.
Any employee who has questions about this policy should talk with Deputy Director Scott Greenberg ([email protected], 602-364-3764), or the Governor's Office of Equal Opportunity (https://eo.azgovernor.gov, 602-542-3711).
Agency Equal Opportunity Contacts
Rick Mead, HR Specialist/EEO Administrator
Direct Phone: (602) 364-2458
Email: [email protected]
Scott Greenberg, Deputy Director
Direct Phone: (602) 364-3764
Email: [email protected]
-Keith A. Schraad
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].