ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
March 8, 2016 -
In recognition of its legal and moral obligations, the Arizona Department of Insurance hereby commits itself to a policy of non-discrimination as follows:
- The Arizona Department of Insurance shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity applies to such employment practices as hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, job assignments, accessibility, working conditions and special duty details.
- All Arizona Department of Insurance management personnel shall actively support recruitment and career development programs to ensure equitable representation of minorities, females, seniors, LGBT and individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans in all job categories and pay grades.
- The Arizona Department of Insurance shall not tolerate discrimination in the agency as it creates an intimidating, degenerating, hostile and offensive working environment. Each employee has an affirmative duty to maintain a workplace free of harassment, intimidation, discrimination. Arizona Department of Insurance prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment or participates in an investigation of such reports.
- The Department will post the Non-Discrimination Policy throughout departmental facilities.
- All written bid announcements, request for proposals, employment announcements, requests for applications, program brochures, literature and general solicitations shall include the phrase:
“AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AGENCY”
The Department of Insurance is committed to ensuring that all its employees can work in an environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
As Interim Director of the Arizona Department of Insurance, I am committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. To ensure the dissemination and implementation of the 2016 Equal Opportunity Plan throughout all levels of the Department, Sarah Dobbins ([email protected], 602-771-7766) shall serve as the Department’s Equal Opportunity Administrator.
This policy is accessible to employees on the Home page of the Department of Insurance web site (https://insurance.az.gov).
-Leslie R. Hess, Interim Director
An employee who has questions or concerns about this policy should talk with Sarah Dobbins ([email protected], 602-771-7766), or the Governor's Office of Equal Opportunity (http://eo.azgovernor.gov, 602-542-3711).