Health Insurance Complaint | Medicaid (AHCCCS)
The Arizona Department of Insurance does not have jurisdiction over Medicaid, or over services provided through the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
Your Next Steps
- Visit the AHCCCS "Grievances and Appeals" web page for information about how to file an appeal (to ask for reconsideration or change to a decision) or a grievance (a complaint about anything that does not involve appealing a decision).
- Call AHCCCS with questions:
- General Information Phone: (602) 417-4000
- In-state Toll Free: (800) 654-8713 (outside Maricopa County)
- Out-of-state Toll Free: (800) 523-0231
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].