Complaint | Type of Insurance | Health | Medicare | Advantage
The Arizona Department of Insurance does not have jurisdiction over Medicare or Medicare Advantage plans.
File an Appeal or a Grievance
You should file a appeal or grievance with the plan.
File a grievance if you are having a problem with the quality of care you got or are getting. For example, you may file a grievance if you have a problem calling the plan, you can't get an appointment with your doctor, or if you were treated rudely by a staff person with the plan. File an appeal if you have an issue with a plan's refusal to cover a service, supply, or prescription. Medicare Advantage contractors are required to follow all CMS rules and guidelines for processing appeals and grievance.
- Contact the plan administrator using the contact information on the member's insurance identification card to obtain the forms and instructions you need to file an appeal or grievance.
- Visit the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Managed Care Appeals & Grievances web page for information.
- Get free, personalized help from Arizona's State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- Local Phone: (602) 542-4446
- Statewide Hotline: (800) 432-4040 (leave message).
- Contact Medicare with questions
- General Information Phone: 800MEDICARE (800-633-4227)