Complaint | Other
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].
File a Complaint with Us
Please note that facts relating to complaints that we receive become public records pursuant to Arizona law.
If you are not sure whether the Arizona Department of Insurance is the right place for your question or problem, contact our Consumer Protection Division:
- Phone: (602) 364-2499 or (800) 325-2548 (in Arizona but outside Phoenix)
- Phone Hours: 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays (except state holidays)
- Email: [email protected]
If you believe that an insurance company or insurance professional violated Arizona law:
STEP 1. Scan and save to your computer:
- Form C-TPC if you are appointing someone else to file the complaint on your behalf
- Your insurance card
- Your insurance policy
- Correspondence (letters, memos, etc.) you exchanged with others involved in this case
- Other information that will help us resolve the matter.
STEP 2. Use the online Consumer Complaint system to file a complaint with us.
- *IMPORTANT: The online Consumer Complaint system only allows one opportunity to attach documents, so it is important that you complete STEP 1 first so that all your documents can be uploaded with the complaint. The online complaint system will transfer your documents to us in a secure, encrypted manner.
To learn more about the Department of Insurance, read A Consumer Guide to the Arizona Department of Insurance.