Information about Health Insurance Rate Increases
Major Medical Health Insurance Rate Information
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires states to provide certain information about "threshold" (10% or greater) rate increase filings, and to provide a way for the public to comment on the requested threshold rate increase filings. This page contains instructions for you to access the threshold rate filing information for plan year 2018 and to provide public comments to the Department.
Threshold Rate Increase Information
Due to the current uncertainty with regard to the payment of cost share reduction reimbursements and other matters currently unsettled with respect to plan year 2018, Arizona is providing public information about the initial proposed threshold rate increase filings through a “link” to the RateReview.Healthcare.gov website. The Department welcomes your comments regarding the filings. Please see below, Comment on Proposed Threshold Rate Increases, for instructions on how to submit your comments.
- View 2018 threshold rate increase information
- Sign up to receive future notices about threshold rate increases
- View previous email notices about threshold rate increases
Comment on Proposed Threshold Rate Increases
After reviewing information about a rate filing on RateReview.Healthcare.gov, you can submit comments about rate increase filings by emailing the Department at [email protected]. Please include the Company Name and Product Name in your email. The Department will review comments prior to issuing a final determination regarding whether the rate increase meets the regulatory standards for a reasonable threshold increase.
Search Specific Filings to View Detailed Rate Increase Information
You can use the RateReview.Healthcare.gov web page to find information about rate change requests including access to summarized information about filings. Follow these steps:
- Access the RateReview.Healthcare.gov search page.
- On the search page, click the [SEARCH ACA-COMPLIANT PRODUCTS] button.
- For the "State" field, use the dropdown to select “Arizona”.
- For "Company Name," enter the first characters of the company's name. For example, to search for "XYZ123 Insurance Company," you could enter 'XYZ123.'
- For the "Effective Date Range" (which is the range of dates that the new insurance rates will be effective), enter from 01/01/2018 to 12/31/2018.
- Click the [SUBMIT SEARCH] button.
- Click the link for the filing for which you want information.
- You can view ADOI's final determination concerning threshold (10% or greater) rate increases at RateReview.Healthcare.gov or on the Department’s website after 10/31/2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
CCIIO (U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight)
The CCIIO web page provides links to additional information concerning the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Arizona is an Effective Rate Review ("ERR") State
Arizona has been designated an ERR state for the individual and the small-group major medical health insurance markets (effective 1/1/2013 and 1/1/2014 respectively) based on HHS regulations (see 45 CFR Part 154). ADOI is using federal grant funds to develop, implement and manage the Department's individual and small-group ERR programs (Funding Opportunity PRPPR140068-01-00). For further information about the rate review grants, please send an email to [email protected].
- For additional assistance, please send email to [email protected].
Prior Year Rate Information