Information about Health Insurance Rate Increases
Director's Message Regarding Health Insurance Premiums for 2018
Open enrollment will be available from November 1, 2017 through December 15, 2017 for health insurance coverage commencing January 1, 2018. Here are a few things you can expect when purchasing or renewing health insurance this year.
Major Medical Health Insurance Rate Information
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires states to provide certain information about "threshold" (10% or greater) rate increase filings, and to provide a way for the public to comment on the requested threshold rate increase filings. This page contains instructions for you to access the rate filing information for plan year 2018 and to provide public comments on open threshold rate filings to the Department.
2018 Major Medical Rate and Plan Information
- 2018 Major Medical Health Insurance Rate Filings and Final Rate Changes
- 2018 Individual QHP Monthly Premiums by Metal Level, Age, and Family Structure
- 2018 Individual QHP Monthly Premiums, 40 Year Old Non-Tobacco User
- 2018 Individual QHP Monthly Silver Metal Premiums by Age and Family Structure
- 2018 INdividual Off Exchange Plans & Premiums, 40-year-old Non-tobbaco User
- 2018 Individual HMO Monthly Premiums by Metal Level, Age and Family Structure
- 2018 Individual On & Off Marketplace Monthly Premiums by Metal Level, Age and Family Structure
- 2018 Individual Threshold Health Insurance Rate Increases
- 2018 Small Group Threshold Health Insurance Rate Increases
- 2018 Small Group Premiums by Metal Level, Company, and County for 40-year-old Non-Tobacco User
- 2018 Summary of Individual Filings by Metal and On/Off Exchange
Threshold Rate Increase Information
The Department welcomes your comments regarding open threshold rate filings. Please see below, Comment on Proposed Threshold Rate Increases, for instructions on how to submit your comments.
- View 2018 final rate increase information.
- Sign up to receive future notices about threshold rate increases.
- View previous email notices about threshold rate increases.
Comment on Proposed Threshold Rate Increases
After reviewing information about a rate filing on RateReview.Healthcare.gov, you can submit comments about rate increase filings by emailing the Department at [email protected]. Please include the Company Name and Product Name in your email. The Department will review comments prior to issuing a final determination regarding whether the rate increase meets the regulatory standards for a reasonable threshold increase.
Search Specific Filings to View Detailed Rate Increase Information
There are two websites where you can search for and view detailed information about rate filings.
1. SERFF Filing Access (SFA)
SFA allows the general public to view closed form, rate, rule, and health plan binder filings that have been submitted tot he Department in an electronic format through the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF).
- Access and review the instructions on the Department’s SERFF Filing Access page.
- At the bottom of the page, click [Proceed to SFA].
- Click [Begin Search].
- On the Filing Search page, select Business Type: Life, Accident/Health, Annuity, Credit.
- The quickest way to view 2018 filings is by searching by the filing’s SERFF Tracking Number, but you may also search by Company Name or other criteria. SERFF Tracking Numbers for 2018 rate filings are available here.
You can use the RateReview.Healthcare.gov web page to find information about rate change requests including access to summarized information about filings. Follow these steps:
- Access the RateReview.Healthcare.gov search page.
- On the search page, click the [SEARCH ACA-COMPLIANT PRODUCTS] button.
- For the "State" field, use the dropdown to select “Arizona”.
- For "Company Name," enter the first characters of the company's name. For example, to search for "XYZ123 Insurance Company," you could enter 'XYZ123.'
- For the "Effective Date Range" (which is the range of dates that the new insurance rates will be effective), enter from 01/01/2018 to 12/31/2018.
- Click the [SUBMIT SEARCH] button.
- Click the link for the filing for which you want information.
- You can view ADOI's final determination concerning threshold (10% or greater) rate increases at RateReview.Healthcare.gov or on the Department’s website after 10/31/2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
CCIIO (U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight)
The CCIIO web page provides links to additional information concerning the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Arizona is an Effective Rate Review ("ERR") State
Arizona has been designated an ERR state for the individual and the small-group major medical health insurance markets (effective 1/1/2013 and 1/1/2014 respectively) based on HHS regulations (see 45 CFR Part 154). ADOI is using federal grant funds to develop, implement and manage the Department's individual and small-group ERR programs (Funding Opportunity PRPPR140068-01-00). For further information about the rate review grants, please send an email to [email protected].
For additional assistance, please send email to [email protected].
2017 Major Medical Rate and Plan Information