Laws and Rules
Regulation Rollback is a strategic step in our ongoing work to make Arizona the best state in the nation for businesses and consumers. As our customers, you are experts on the way we do business with you. We would value your recommendations on how Arizona can update its regulatory system and your suggestions for improving or eliminating outdated regulations.
Visit REDTAPE.az.gov to provide specific input to the Governor's office on an outdated rule or regulation that stifles Arizona citizens and job creators.
Insurance Laws & Rules
- Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 20
- Arizona Administrative Code (a.k.a. "rules"), Title 20, Chapter 6
- Arizona State Constitution:
- Article 14, Section 11. Holds insurance company shareholders and stockholders responsible for the contracts issued by the insurer up to prescribed limits.
- Article 14, Section 16. Makes insurance company records at all times subject to visitorial and inquisitional powers of the State.
- Article 15, Section 5. Makes insurance companies subject to Department of Insurance regulation, and provides for the appointment and Senate confirmation of the director of insurance.
- Article 27, Section 2. Specifies that a person is not required to participate in any health care system and may pay a provider directly for health care services.