HOW DO I COMPLETE ARIZONA INSURANCE CONTINUING EDUCATION?
COMPLETE INSURANCE CONTINUING EDUCATION EARLY. When you renew your license, you must provide, as part of your renewal application, evidence that you completed the insurance continuing education requirement. You must expect a delay between the time you complete a course and the time evidence of your course completion is posted on a transcript or provided to you in the form of a Certificate of Compliance. If the Department does not receive your complete license renewal application, including evidence of completing insurance continuing education, on or before the date your license expires, you will have to stop conducting insurance business and wait until the Department renews your license, and you will have to pay a $100 late renewal fee.
- Find an Arizona-approved continuing education course with the following steps:
- Visit Prometric's "Arizona Licensees" page.
- Click on the "CE Services Online" link in the left column.
- In the left column, click on the "Approved Course List" link. The web site will display a page that enables you to create a list of courses by course title, course type (classroom or self-study), credit type (general, ethics, flood, long-term care, crop) or range of credit hours.
- When you click the "Search" button, the web site will search Prometric's database of courses and will display the list of courses that match the criteria you entered. Scroll down to view the list.
- Call the course provider or visit their web site to find out the prices of courses, when courses are available, and other information you may need concerning their courses.
- Complete your courses.
- For classroom instruction, you must attend the entire course to get credit for completing the course.
- For self-study courses, you must pass an open-book or closed-book exam (at the discretion of the provider) monitored by the provider director or a person appointed by the provider director who is either an Arizona-licensed insurance producer or a person in the business of administering education or examinations.
- After you complete your course,
- Make sure the continuing education provider gives you a course completion certificate (aka "certificate of compliance" per ARS § 20-2902(B)), which is your proof that you completed the course
- If you submit a license renewal application on paper, include originals of the course completion certificates. ARS § 20-2902(B).
- Keep copies of your course completion certificates until the second renewal period after the period for which the continuing education credits were earned. ARS § 20-2903(A).
- Make sure the course provider has reported your course completion to Prometric by obtaining a continuing education transcript.