DOMESTIC INSURER: Mortgage Guaranty Insurer
Beginning January 1, 2018, all insurers must use the NAIC OPTins system (or a system interfaced with NAIC OPTins) to report and pay insurance premium taxes and installment payments
- The Department of Insurance no longer publishes an "Annual Taxes and Fees Data Sheet."
- Download and read the E-TAX-I instructions before preparing forms.
- Make sure to post amounts from other tax reporting documents (E-TC, etc.) to the appropriate locations on Form E-TAX.
- If Form E-TAX calculates a refund due to you (on Line 9), file the tax report forms without including a payment.
- If Form E-TAX calculates an amount owed (on Line 9), only pay the Line 9 amount owed with your tax report forms. Do not pay any other amount.
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].