Filing a Complaint
We're Here to Help
If you believe that an insurance company or insurance professional violated Arizona law:
STEP 1. Scan and save to your computer documents and records that we will need to help investigate the complaint, for example:
- Your insurance card
- Your insurance policy
- Correspondence (letters, memos, etc.) you exchanged with others involved in this case
- Other information that will help us resolve the matter.
STEP 2. File a Consumer Complaint with us. After you complete the online Consumer Complaint form, the system will allow you one opportunity* to attach the documents that you saved in STEP 1.
- *IMPORTANT: The online Consumer Complaint system only allows one opportunity to attach documents, so it is important that you complete STEP 1 first so that all your documents can be uploaded with the complaint. The online complaint system will transfer your documents to us in a secure, encrypted manner.
Please note that facts relating to complaints that we receive become public records pursuant to Arizona law.
If you are not sure whether the Arizona Department of Insurance is the right place for your question or problem, contact our Consumer Protection Division:
- Phone: (602) 364-2499 or (800) 325-2548 (in Arizona but outside Phoenix)
Phone Hours: 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays (except state holidays)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the Department of Insurance, read A Consumer Guide to the Arizona Department of Insurance.