Notice of Public Meeting and Executive Session of the Arizona Life & Disability Insurance Guaranty Fund
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02 and A.R.S. § 20-690(B), notice is hereby given to the members of the Board of Directors of the Arizona Life and Disability Insurance Guaranty Fund (ALDIGF) and to the public that the Board of Directors of ALDIGF will hold its Annual Meeting, which will be open to the public, at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, November 12, 2019, in the Arizona Department of Insurance Conference Room, 100 N. 15th Avenue, Suite 304, Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
Some members of the Board may attend the meeting telephonically.
As indicated in the agenda, the ALDIGF Board may vote to go into executive session, which will not be open to the public, to discuss certain matters.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Announcement that the meeting will be conducted in accordance with ALDIGF’s Conflict of Interest and Anti-Trust Compliance Policies.
2. Discussion and possible action regarding disclosures of conflicts of interest procedures.
3. Review and approval of the minutes of the ALDIGF Board meeting held May 14, 2019.
4. Executive session, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2) and A.R.S. § 20-689 for the purpose of receiving information about and discussion of the financial condition of one or more member insurers for which ALDIGF has not been activated.
5. Report concerning activities with respect to the detection and prevention of insolvencies.
6. Election of officers and appointment of standing committees.
7. Financial reports and any action or discussion related thereto as follows:
A. Performance of ALDIGF’s investment portfolio through October 31, 2019;
B. The financial condition of ALDIGF as of October 31, 2019.
8. Report concerning claims and other activity with regard to member insurers for which ALDIGF has been activated, and any discussion, consideration or action related thereto:
A. Executive Life Insurance Company of New York (ELNY);
B. Life and Health Insurance Company of America (LHICA);
C. Lincoln Memorial Life Insurance Company (LML);
D. Meritus Mutual Health Partners (Meritus Mutual);
E. National States Insurance Company (NSIC);
F. Penn Treaty Network America Insurance Company (Penn Treaty) and American Network Insurance Company (ANIC);
i. Claim payments and premium collections;
ii. Funding due March 1, 2020.
G. Standard Life Insurance Company of Indiana (SLIC);
H. Senior American Insurance Company
I. Claims appeals.
9. Report, discussion and possible action concerning assessment for the Disability Account.
10. Report, discussion and possible action about using an electronic payment system for assessments.
11. Status report, discussion and possible action concerning the following:
A. Payment of NOLHGA assessments for the first quarter of 2019 in the amount of $71,868.00 and the second quarter of 2019 in the amount of $57,976.00;
B. ALDIGF Plan of Operation;
C. Contracts with banks, investment managers, auditors and other servicing facilities;
D. ALDIGF Administrative, Life and Annuity Accounts.
12. Report and discussion regarding division legislation enacted in Illinois and other states, and possible implications to ALDIGF.
13. Report, discussion and possible action regarding GAO reporting and change in accounting/reporting method.
14. Additional executive session, if necessary, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3), to confer with counsel concerning any item included within this agenda.
15. Date, Time and Place of Board meetings to be held during the ensuing year.
16. Call to the public. This is the time for the public to comment. The Board may not discuss items that are not on the agenda. Therefore, action taken as a result of any public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a later date.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the Arizona Department of Insurance Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator, (602) 364-3764. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Dated this 4th day of November, 2019.
ARIZONA LIFE AND DISABILITY INSURANCE GUARANTY FUND
/s/ Tod D. Lashway
Chair of the Board.