Press Release 1999-19 Insurance Dept. Schedules Continuing Education Meeting in Tucson
Don Harris, Public Information Officer, (602) 912-8402
For Immediate Release Sept. 1, 1999
The Arizona Department of Insurance has scheduled a public meeting of the Continuing Education Review Committee for 1:30 p.m. Sept. 10, in the State of Arizona Building at 400 W. Congress St., Tucson. Licensees, course providers and others who have suggestions on how to improve the continuing education program are encouraged to attend.
The agenda calls for discussion, consideration and decisions regarding the status of the Arizona Continuing Education Program. Discussion will include:
- Concerns and issues raised by licensees and course providers.
- Methods by which the committee and the Insurance Department can make the program more responsive to customer needs.
- Possible clarifications of the Standards for Course Providers, Courses and Students; and the Provider Information and Application Packet.
Roughly 15 percent of the 28,000 licensed insurance agents who reside in Arizona, including all bail bond agents, are required to comply with this new program that went into effect in July. Licensees not required to take continuing education courses include:
- A resident licensee other than a bail bond agent who does not hold a non-resident license in another state.
- A non-resident licensee whose home state does not have a continuing education requirement.
- A non-resident whose home state will accept Arizona’s continuing education requirements when considering applications from Arizona residents.
Administrator of the continuing education program is Experior Assessments Inc. Information is available from Experior’s web site at www.i-t-c.com , or by calling Experior’s toll free number (1- 800) 899-4184. Information is also available from the Insurance Department’s web site at www.state.az.us/id/licensing/licensing.htm or by calling toll free (1-877) 660-0964.