Press Release 1999-27 State Insurance Department Puts Premier Healthcare Information and Updates on the Internet
Don Harris, Public Information Officer (602) 912-8402
For Immediate Release November 24, 1999
The Arizona Department of Insurance has added a special page to its Internet web site containing information related to the receivership of Premier Healthcare, Inc.
The department web address is (www.state.az.us/id). Click on the Premier Healthcare Update box and you will see the following items:
- A press release dated Nov. 16, spelling out the details of why the Insurance Department obtained a court order placing Premier into receivership.
- A list of commonly asked questions and the answers.
- A memo from Insurance Director Charles R. Cohen to Premier providers dated Nov. 19.
- A list of Accountable Health Plans, which are insurers that offer group health insurance.
- A list of Medicare Supplement, or Medigap, insurers.
- A memo from Cohen to Accountable Health Plans dated Nov. 24.
Cohen said it is important to get as much information to the public as possible so that Premier enrollees and providers know their rights and obligations.
“I encourage Premier enrollees and their employers to seek alternate coverage quickly,” Cohen said. “In the meantime, claims for services provided on or after Nov. 16, the date Premier was declared insolvent, are being paid by a reinsurer. My immediate concern is to make a fast and orderly transition of Premier enrollees to other health insurance coverage.”