PROVIDE FINGERPRINTS FOR PRINCIPALS
If the applicant is organized in Arizona and does not already hold an Arizona insurance producer license, if the applicant will be relocating to Arizona from another state, or if the applicant is not currently licensed in the applicant's home state with substantially similar license authority, each member, officer, director, trustee, etc. ("principal") of the applicant must satisfy the following requirements for submitting fingerprints to the Arizona Department of Insurance:
- Have a clear set of fingerprints applied to the fingerprint card by the professional fingerprinting technician. Prometric, Arizona's insurance examination provider, along with some other vendors, use electronic systems to optically image fingerprints, which tend to produce more accurate results.
- Make sure that the fingerprinting technician
- verifies your identity using your government-issued photo ID;
- completes Form L-FPV (Fingerprint Verification Form);
- seals the completed Form L-FPV with the completed fingerprint card in a fingerprint card envelope;
- writes his/her name across the edge of the flap of the envelope so that the upper parts of the letters are on the flap and the lower parts of the letters are off the flap (but on the envelope).
- Submit the UNOPENED ENVELOPE containing the completed fingerprint card and Form L-FPV along with your license application.
- Add to your license fee payment the FBI fingerprint card processing fee for each fingerprint card submitted.
IMPORTANT! The Department will refuse to accept a fingerprint card if the fingerprint card envelope appears to have been opened or if the Form L-FPV is not included in the envelope with the card.