REDOMESTICATION UCAA APPLICATIONS (Foreign Insurer Redomesticating to Become Arizona Domestic Insurer)
Foreign insurers seeking domestication to Arizona should file a UCAA Primary application. The instructions and forms can be found at http://www.naic.org/industry_ucaa.htm.
Do the following:
- Check name availability with Cary Cook, Chief Financial Compliance Officer, at [email protected].
- Draft the Articles of Incorporation to comply with A.R.S. §§ 10-202 and 20-705. If the Articles provide that the capital stock will be non-assessable, the qualifying statement “except as provided by Article 14, Section 11 of the Constitution of the State of Arizona” must be included in the Articles.
- Send a draft copy of the Articles to Cary Cook, Chief Financial Compliance Officer, of the ADOI at [email protected] for review. The ADOI will review the domestic insurer draft Articles to confirm compliance with ARS § 20-218 and ARS § 20-705 and provide the domestic insurer with commentary.
- File the Arizona Department of Insurance approved Articles directly with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC). Go to http://www.azcc.gov for ACC filing information.
- Submit the NAIC's UCAA Primary Application
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].