REDOMESTICATION UCAA APPLICATIONS (Foreign Insurer Redomesticating to Become Arizona Domestic Insurer)
Thu, 12/11/2014 - 07:56
Foreign insurers seeking domestication to Arizona should file a UCAA Primary application. The instructions and forms can be found at http://www.naic.org/industry_ucaa.htm.
Do the following:
- Check name availability with Cary Cook, Chief Financial Compliance Officer, at [email protected].
- Draft the Articles of Incorporation to comply with A.R.S. §§ 10-202 and 20-705. If the Articles provide that the capital stock will be non-assessable, the qualifying statement “except as provided by Article 14, Section 11 of the Constitution of the State of Arizona” must be included in the Articles.
- Send a draft copy of the Articles to Cary Cook, Chief Financial Compliance Officer, of the ADOI at [email protected] for review. The ADOI will review the domestic insurer draft Articles to confirm compliance with ARS § 20-218 and ARS § 20-705 and provide the domestic insurer with commentary.
- File the Arizona Department of Insurance approved Articles directly with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC). Go to http://www.azcc.gov for ACC filing information.
- Submit the NAIC's UCAA Primary Application