WHAT IS A NAVIGATOR
A navigator is defined by ARS § 20-336(5) as a person (individual or organization) licensed by the Arizona Department of Insurance who is authorized by the United States Department of Health and Human Services to perform activities and duties described by 42 USC 18031 and 45 CFR 155.215, which include
- Educating the public about the Health Insurance Marketplace;
- Presenting fair, accurate and impartial information about health plan options, including acknowledgement of options available outside of the Marketplace;
- Helping individuals select qualified health plans ("QHP");
- Referring individuals who encountered problems with the health plan in which they are enrolled to the Department of Insurance;
- Providing culturally and linguistically appropriate information based on the population being served; and,
- Accommodating persons with disabilities.
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].