WHAT IS A RENTAL CAR AGENT?
A rental car agent is defined in ARS § 20-331 as a rental car company that offers ro sells insurance at the rental company office or other rental site or process a preselection of coverage in a master, corporate, group or individual rental agreement for any of the following kinds or types of insurance, separately or in combination:
- Accident and health or sickness insurance that provides coverage, as applicable, to renters and other rental vehicle occupants for accidental death or dismemberment and reimbursement for medical expenses that result from an accident that occurs during the rental period.
- Liability insurance that provides coverage, as applicable, to renters and other authorized drivers of rental vehicles for liability that arises from the operation of the rental vehicles, including uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage separately or in combination with other liability insurance.
- Personal property insurance that provides coverage, as applicable, to renters and other vehicle occupants for the loss of or damage to personal effects that occurs during the rental period.
- Vehicle breakdown coverage.
- Physical damage insurance that provides coverage to renters and other authorized drivers of rental vehicles for property damage liability that arises from the operation of the vehicle.
We are aware of a phishing scam targeting insurance professionals claiming that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received a complaint that the professional submitted a falsified claim. This fraudulent email displays the NAIC and CIPR logos, can originate from what appears to be an naic.org or gmail.com email account, and instructs the recipient to click on a link to download the complaint notification.
Certain antivirus products will detect this as a malicious email. If you receive a similar email and have any concerns, contact the NAIC Service Desk at (816) 783-8500 or [email protected].