INSURER ANNUAL ASSESSMENT PAYMENTS DUE AUGUST 10, 2020
- Locate your page within the attached Notice of Assessment document.
- Log into the NAIC OPTins system at OPTins.org to pay the assessment.
COVID-19-RELATED RELIEF TO PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE CUSTOMERS
Given the extraordinary circumstances insurance customers are facing, the Arizona Department of Insurance will not take regulatory action against property and casualty insurers for COVID-19-related customer relief payments or premium forgiveness programs provided during the period of the governor-declared public health emergency, even if those payments exceed the $100 limit in Arizona's prohibited inducement statute, so long as they are implemented in a manner that is not unfairly discriminatory to customers (e.g., the criteria for receiving relief are not unfairly discriminatory and all customers who meet the criteria receive the relief). Insurers who implement a customer relief payment or premium forgiveness program in Arizona must make an informational filing in SERFF, notifying the Department of the following:
- A detailed description of the scope and terms of the relief payment and premium forgiveness programs, including any policyholder eligibility criteria being used, if any;
- A description of the basis used to determine the % or dollar amount of the payment;
- A description of how your customers are being informed of their right to receive a payment or premium forgiveness; and
- Confirmation that your program deployment ensures that customers are not subjected to unfair discrimination.
|Licensing/Registration||Requirements and forms for an insurance company or insurance intermediary to obtain authority to operate in Arizona and for acquisitions and holding company registrations.|
|Trust Deposits||Forms and instructions for establishing trust accounts and making required trust deposits through the Department of Insurance.|
|Financial Reporting||Forms that insurers need to complete to satisfy periodic financial reporting requirements.|
|Rates, Forms & Compliance||
Information about form, rate, advertising and contract filing requirements; and, required surveys and reports for
|Laws and Rules||Links to sites where you can access laws and rules you need to understand so you can remain in compliance.|
|Insurance Fraud||Information about the Arizona Department of Insurance Fraud Unit and ways to report suspected insurance fraud|
|Taxes||Forms and instructions for reporting and paying insurance premium tax.|
|File a Health Care Appeal||Portal allowing health insurers to file health care appeals with the Arizona Department of Insurance for external independent review pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes § 20-2537.|