Life & Health Rates, Forms & Compliance
Wed, 07/23/2014 - 12:02
You must use SERFF (System for Electronic Rate and Form Filings) to file all required advertising, form and rate filings.
- If you are unfamiliar with SERFF or require technical assistance using the site, please contact the SERFF Help Desk at 816‐783‐8990 or [email protected].
- The Arizona Department of Insurance does not own, maintain or offer training for the SERFF system.
- For an updated listing of the Arizona Department of Insurance filing checklists, supporting documentation and transmittal forms, log into the SERFF website, click on the “Filing Rules” tab and then on the “Find” option under "ArizonaLH General."
- If you need help identifying the correct TOI (type of insurance) and sub‐TOI codes for your filings, please see the listing for “Types of Insurance" after logging into the SERFF website.
- Search closed life and health filings using SERFF Filing Access (SFA)
- The MCAS provides regulators with a uniform system of collecting market-related information to help the states monitor the market conduct of companies. Currently, MCAS is used to collect claims and underwriting data on the Private Passenger Auto, Homeowners, Life, Annuity and Long Term Care lines of business. This allows regulators to identify concerns regarding claims and underwriting.
- MCAS Scorecards are produced each year to show the jurisdiction-wide ratio and the distribution of ratios for all companies filing an MCAS in a given jurisdiction. Individual company ratio information is available through the online MCAS application. A company may gain a better understanding of where they fit in the insurance marketplace and what opportunities may exist to improve their performance in a jurisdiction by comparing their jurisdiction-specific ratios to the scorecard for that jurisdiction.