DOMESTIC INSURER: Prepaid Legal Insurer
Beginning January 1, 2018, all insurers must use the NAIC OPTins system (or a system interfaced with NAIC OPTins) to report and pay insurance premium taxes and installment payments
As a first step, please
- Open the Annual Taxes and Fees Data Sheet.
- Read the first page, which contains important instructions.
- Print the one page that pertains to the insurer/entity.
- Directions toward the top of the Annual Taxes and Fees Data Sheet for the insurer/entity will tell you what you need to file. In some cases, an entity does not need to file a tax report.
If the Annual Taxes and Fees Data Sheet indicates you need to complete Form E-TAX:
- Download and read the E-TAX-I instructions before preparing forms.
- Make sure to post amounts from other tax reporting documents (E-RT, E-TC, E-FV, etc.) to the appropriate locations on Form E-TAX.
- If Form E-TAX calculates a refund due to you (on Line 9), file the tax report forms without including a payment.
- If Form E-TAX calculates an amount owed (on Line 9), only pay the Line 9 amount owed with your tax report forms. Do not pay any other amount.
HOW DID WE DO?
- Complete a quick and easy survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/insurancetaxsection
- To report errors with forms or instructions, or to suggest ways to improve them, please send e-mail to Chief Operating Officer Scott Greenberg ([email protected]).