Surplus Lines / Industrial Insured Premium Tax
Only file taxes to Arizona for transactions for which Arizona is the "home state," as defined in ARS § 20-401(6).
Transaction Filing and Reporting Due Dates:
|Due date*||Surplus lines / industrial insured (unauthorized insurance) transactions for which reports and taxes are due|
Insurance (for both Arizona-only and multi-state risks) procured during the preceding July 1 through December 31.
|August 15||Insurance (for both Arizona-only and multi-state risks) procured during the preceding January 1 through June 30.|
|*Tax obligations due on a legal holiday are timely fulfilled if filed the next business day. ARS § 1-218|
Industrial insureds (also known as exempt commercial purchasers) must use Form E-II to calculate and report premiums and taxes owed. Regulatory Bulletin 2014-10 summarizes Arizona's criteria for being defined as an industrial insured.
Surplus lines brokers must
- File transactions with The Surplus Line Association of Arizona (or "SLA-AZ," at www.sla-az.org);
- Produce a transaction detail report and a tax report using the SLA-AZ system;
- Submit the transaction detail report and tax report to the Arizona Department of Insurance by EITHER:
- Submitting the filing using the NAIC OPTins system (www.optins.org), OR;
- Submitting printouts of the transaction detail report and tax report with payment to the following address:
Insurance Tax Section
Arizona Department of Insurance
2910 North 44th Street, Suite 210
Phoenix, AZ 85018-7269
HOW DID WE DO?
- Complete a quick and easy survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/insurancetaxsection
- To report errors with forms or instructions, or to suggest ways to improve them, please send e-mail to Chief Operating Officer Scott Greenberg ([email protected]).